New Year Resolutions
Goodbye 2015, Hello 2016: Resolutions, Reflection & Makeup Ideas!December 31, 2015
I've been planning and planning for 2016 for the past month. I've got so many ideas of things that I want to do and the hardest par...
- Major stress over a ton of things
- I had to move, again.
- Overloaded my classes
- Finally graduated with an A.A.S
- Struggled with anxiety, panic attacks and depression
- Spent months trying to lose weight with zero progress.
- Lost all self confidence.
- Ended the year with the flu!
Ah yes, 2015 has been slightly nightmarish and I am glad it's coming to an end in only a few hours.
I'm not one of those "New Year, New Me!" people. because that's unrealistic and that "NEW YOU!!!!" is only going to last a month at best before you go back to your old habits. However, I do believe in leaving the past year in the past and starting over, without unrealistic expectations. I don't expect this to be the best year ever, but I expect to survive it. I expect to take what I've learned from the past year to avoid making the same mistakes in 2016.
Here are a few "resolutions".
- Start over with the weight loss/fitness.
- Kick the caffeine addiction, again.
- Blog more consistently.
- Up my photography skills.
- Find a relevant part time job & blog full time.
- Overcome my anxiety, to a point that I can function normally.
- Regain the self confidence I've lost.
- Spend more time with my family.
- Stress less & have more fun.
I don't find that my "resolutions" are all that unreachable. I plan to make small changes rather than attack everything at once.
I'm planning to make a few changes with my content. Yes, I'll still be regularly blogging about makeup, probably 2-3 times per week. I'll also be blogging about my weight loss and fitness progress and there will be a new random topic I discuss every Thursday. On most Sundays I'll be writing about what I'm currently reading or watching on Netflix, favorite blogs/bloggers and youtubers.
This is going to stretch me to posting 6x per week and I plan to maintain it.
I'm also going to begin offering guest posting and advertising on my blog.
I really have a lot of plans. Having the flu this past week has really slowed me down.
Here's a couple of looks I posted for NYE inspiration!
Stayed tuned; tomorrow I'm going to post my favorite products from 2015!
Thanks for reading!