- Exfoliate on a regular basis. Exfoliating helps to keep them from getting clogged and clogged pores tend to look even larger.
- Moisturize. Oily skin tends to harbor larger pores due to the oil production. I have extremely dry skin & I'm still plagued with them. Moisturizing your skin helps to keep them happy, and foundation smoothes over them easier if they're moisturized.
- Use a pore minimizing toner. No, it won't perform miracles, but it does pull all of the gunk out of them, letting them appear smaller.
- Use a pore smoothing primer. I love this one from Clinique.
- Use a pore minimizing powder. I didn't think these would actually work until I tried the Too Faced Primed and Poreless powder and it actually does make a difference.
- Maintain good skin hygiene habits. This is probably the best tip you'll get. It goes right along the lines of don't sleep in your makeup, tone and moisturize your face, blah blah. But it's true. If you don't wash, exfoliate, tone and moisturize daily your pores can & will get clogged, which causes them to enlarge. Keep in mind if your pores are enlarged, it can take quite some time for them to shrink back to normal size. Harsh exfoliators such as overusing your Clarisonic seems to cause this as well.
That's all I have for you!
I hope those tips help you!
Let me know your tips for minimizing pores.
Thanks for reading!
Confessions of a Makeup Addict by Nikki Ash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.