- Blender. This is a smoothie-must have, obviously. I got a Nutri-Bullet last December just for making smoothies. Btw, Nutri Bullets are awesome in case you're comparing options.
- Spinach or Kale. This depends on the taste you like. I personally cannot stand Kale, so I use Spinach. I find that it doesn't have a taste once blended with everything else.
- Whey Protein Powder. I use the Strawberry kind from GNC, as it seems to blend in the best. Protein is important, especially if you're working out because it helps to repair muscle faster, which cuts down on muscle soreness. Even if you're not working out, it's great to add protein to it as protein helps to fill you up and keep you full longer.
- Fruit. Not only is fruit good for you, but it adds a nice flavor to your smoothie. You'll see below that I use a nice variety of fruit in my smoothie.
- Flax seed. This is optional, but I always add Flaxseed to my smoothies. You can't taste it and these are super healthy for you. Not only do they aid in weight loss and are packed with protein, they're also full of omega-3's and other vitamins. They're seriously great for you.
- Ice is optional. I personally use frozen fruit so I don't have to use ice. Plus, frozen fruit is super cheap.
So, now that we know what we need, let's discuss exactly what I use & how I get this thing together.
Pull out your blenders and let's go!
- Put in the Spinach. I fill my cup for my Nutribullet up half way with Spinach.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp of Flax Seed.
- Add 1 scoop of Protein Powder(you won't see me do this as I ran out)
- Fill the rest up with fruit if you're using frozen fruit, which I do recommend. I used 1 banana, and about a cup of mixed frozen fruit which contains strawberries, mangoes, pineapple and peaches. I also tend to add blueberries, but I'm out right now.
- Add water. I fill it up to the fill line on my Nutri Bullet cup.
- Blend away! It takes around 30 seconds.
So, that's my go-to smoothie recipe.
I was going to post this Friday since that's the day I typically post "lifestyle" posts like my Fitness posts, but I was sick & somehow the post was deleted so I just posted Saturday's giveaway on Friday.
So here's the missing post.
I hope this is helpful for some of you! These smoothies are really awesome, promise!
Thanks for reading!