- Makeup Geek Eyeshadows. The color selection and choice of finishes is vast and seems to be ever growing, and all of them are under $10. Single eyeshadows are only $5.99 if you get them in the pan to make your own palette, if you want the separate compacts I believe they're $6.99 and the foiled GORGEOUS eyeshadows are $9.99. Definitely worth it, no doubt. This is the perfect option if you want to make your own custom palette and do it in a way that's affordable. [review]
- L'oreal True Match Foundation. If you know me, you knew this would be on the list. The foundation is medium coverage, but buildable. The color selection is awesome, ranging from very light to very dark with cool, warm and neutral undertone options. It's honestly probably the largest range in the drugstore and it's usually between $7-$9. It seems to work on all skin types; it's great. [review]
- NYX HD Concealer. I've been through many of these. The coverage is good and it doesn't cake up. It works great for under the eyes or highlighting. It's similar to MAC Pro Longwear and only $5.99. [review]
- Milani Blush. I've pictured the Rose Blush, but the Baked blushes from Milani are great as well and you can choose either the Rose Blushes if you want a matte blush or the Baked blushes if you like a sheen. These are pigmented, blendable and did I mention beautiful? If you don't own Milani Luminoso, GO GET IT. They're all under $10. [review]
- Maybelline Mega Plush Mascara. This is a drugstore favorite that I always go back to. It's volumizing and lengthening, while separating your lashes. It's a more natural mascara, but it's perfect for a light makeup day or a no-makeup look. It's really black and doesn't smudge or flake.
- Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm. I own maybe 5 or 6 of these now, because I love them. The twist up crayon is so convenient and easy to apply. The colors are pigmented and last quite a while. I also love the Revlon Balm Stains that are in the same twist-up crayon packaging.
- Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip. If you're after an inexpensive liquid lipstick, this is it. These are definitely affordable, the color range is huge and they're just awesome. They're easy to apply and they last all day on me. And they're back in stock! [review/swatches]
- Milani Liquif'eye Eye Liner Pencil. If you want an eyeliner pencil that's comparable to Urban Decay Perversion, this is it. It's super black, creamy but stays put once it sets. It's my favorite drugstore liner, nothing else compares.
- Revlon Lip Glosses. With the exception of the lip products I've shown, I'm not really a Revlon fan, but I do love these lip glosses. They're pretty pigmented and last a while, plus they aren't overly sticky.
- L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper. I'm not a fan of doing my eyebrows. I just don't like to and 90% of the time, I'm only using brow gel. This one to be exact. This gives fullness and a little color to your brows, while shaping them and holding them in place. The wand is small and easy to use and it dries pretty quickly. It's my favorite brow gel that I've tried.
So that's my Top 10 under $10!
I hope you liked this post!
What are your favorite products that are under $10?
Thanks for reading & check out my Top 5 under $5 if you missed it!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PowerInProtein #CollectiveBias
I’ve been working on getting healthier for about 4 months now. I go to the gym as often as I can, normally 5 times a week and I’m trying to make healthier food decisions. Today I want to share a something with you that I’ve started using to help me in my healthy journey. That is the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control products.
I’ve been drinking the EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control in the Strawberry Cream flavor after my workouts. These have 17 grams of protein but only 1.5 grams of carbs and 100 calories, not to mention good for you nutrients, which is awesome! Drinking this after my workout instead of making a normal protein shake is not only easier because it’s already ready to drink but it saves me calories and carbs. This is great, especially if you’re working out and trying to cut down your carb intake. The EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control will not only help you manage hunger and give you an energy boost but it will also nourish your muscles and give them the protein they need after your workout.
Combined with an active lifestyle, EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control products can help you to reach your fitness and nutrition goals. Keep in mind this is designed for people who are active and carb-conscious who want to be lean and toned. This is a great source of protein and my new go-to post workout drink.
I purchased this at Walmart; there were three available flavors and I chose Strawberry Cream.
Let me know what your healthy lifestyle goals are and how you plan to achieve them!
- Soft Peach: Matte light beige/peach
- Morocco: Warm light/medium brown; also matte.
- Heirloom: A plum/eggplant shade. Satin finish.
- Bellini: Golden peach, satin.
- Pink Champagne: cool toned, glittery mauve-ish pink. Metallic finish.
- Chic: Taupe, satin.
- Spoiled: Peach with gold glitter, satin.
- Fudge: Chocolate brown, matte.
- Azure: Blue, not quite navy, but not too intense. Satin finish.
- Intense Gaze: Coppery-pink. Almost rust toned but much more pink. Satin.
- Metallic: True gold, satin.
- Noir: matte, intense black.
As you can tell, the color variety is nice, and has a few neutrals thrown in as well. I can see a nice variation of looks from this palette. I'll post a picture of one that I actually filmed (my very first video!).
So, quick review:
I love the packaging. It's a black and gold cardboard palette, but it's sturdy enough for travel. It has a nice, large mirror.
The color variety is nice and you can do a full look with this palette. I do feel that it's missing a really light highlight shade, as soft peach is too deep for highlighting if you have a fair-light skin tone.
Some of the colors, such as Heirloom and Soft Peach are very powdery.
All of the colors are pigmented, Pink Champagne takes a bit more effort as it's very glittery and needs to be built up or applied over a base.
I didn't have trouble blending any of these colors, each one blended flawlessly, even Noir.
The brush is actually nice.
Overall, I recommend it. It's my first Anastasia Beverly Hills purchase and yes I'm serious. I have never owned any of the brow products or palettes. But, that may change now as I'm pretty impressed with the quality of the eye shadows.
You can find it at Ulta for $30, which is a steal.
- Maybelline Lipsticks. I also included these in my underrated drugstore products post. The majority of Maybelline lipsticks are awesome and the formula is great. The color selection is huge and the packaging is adorable. At Wal mart, they're $5 each and it really doesn't get much better than that.
- Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. This is also under $5 at Walmart, and it's awesome. It does a great job of setting your makeup without looking cake-y and is perfect for touch ups. The packaging isn't my favorite, but for $5, it's a steal.
- NYC Bronzer 'Sunny'. This is around $3 and it's a great bronzer. It's warm so it's not ideal for contouring, but it's perfect for warming up the skin and giving you a great summer glow. It's matte and pigmented, but it blends easily.
- Wet n Wild Contour Duo. This is a must have contour palette. It's $3, it's pigmented, the contour shade is cool toned but not gray and the highlight is the perfect pink toned shade to brighten. The powders are smooth, pigmented and blendable. It's a bit powdery, but that's easily overlooked. This is my all time favorite Wet n Wild product, and they do make some really great things. (review)
- Colourpop Eyeshadows. These are $5 each and they're so good! The formula is like no other, mousse-y and creamy but dries to a powder. I've always shied away from cream shadows, but these really do dry into a powder and don't budge. The color selection is insane, and the range of finishes is pretty nice. They're pigmented and beautiful. (review)
- Wet n Wild Eyeshadow Palettes. I couldn't do a 5 under $5 post and not include these. Whether you grab the smaller palettes like this one, or the larger ones, they're all under $5. The majority of Wet n Wild eyeshadows are very pigmented and apply wonderfully. They're blendable and wear like an expensive shadow. There are a few duds, but the majority are awesome and really affordable.
That's my 5 under $5!
Soon I'll post a 10 under $10 as well as my overrated drugstore products and the underrated/overrated high end products.
Thanks for reading!
What are your favorite drugstore products?
Confessions of a Makeup Addict by Nikki Ash is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.